In this video we show you how to make one of favorite wreath styles--two mismatched wooden embroidery hoops! You can use any faux flowers that you like, but for this one we went subtly Halloween, creepy with the artificial venus fly trap stems. Bright, colorful, and a little bit evil...
Scroll to the end for materials and the video!
As always follow along with the video for the step by step, but leave a comment if you have questions :). We're on the TUBE, too so make sure to subscribe to get in on all the D.I.Y. action.
- 2 mismatched, wooden embroidery hoops (I used a 14inch and 10inch here!) I found these at Michael's here.
- Assorted faux floral stems
- Wire cutters - These compound action cutters are my favorite from Michael's.
- 26 gauge wire on *paddle (paddle is important). You can find these at most craft stores and online, but here is the link for them on Michael's.
- Hot glue, extra glue sticks, and finger condoms* (also called finger caps) The stretchier the better! You can find some here.
- 2-3 ft of scrap ribbon or fabric strips (I like 1-2inch inch thickness best).
- Optional: felt for back of wreath. You can buy them in sheets like I had in the video here.