It's a Thursday D.I.Y. and our very FIRST official Rogue Petal Co. how-to on the internets! Insert *happy dance* here.
Watch our video to see how easy (and very craft-therapeutic, if I do say so..) it was to completely transform these paper mache pumpkins into the prettiest fall centerpieces. And painted two ways: striped and speckled.
There are a lot of ways you can make these fit into your fall decor this year--you don't have to stop at black and white! You can do a different color scheme; use colorful flowers, monochrome pumpkins and flowers, go for more than just the two contrasting colors, on and on... You can share your version on IG with the tag #RoguePetalDIY ! Yes, we're making that a thing. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Ok, let's get to the meat and potatoes here...
- 2 paper mache pumpkins or similar craft/plastic pumpkins from your local home decor or craft store
- Acrylic craft paint (we used two colors, black and white and then mixed the two for a light grey shade)
- Paint brushes
- Painters/craft tape (ours was 1/8 inch, but you can use width of choice)
- Scissors or wire cutters (for trimming or cutting faux flowers)
- Hot glue gun + glue
- Finger condoms/caps (necessary TRUST...)
- Clear sealer (optional)
- Faux flowers of choice - each pumpkin had 2-3 large blooms, 3-4 smaller flowers/filler flowers, and 4-6 sprigs or branches of greenery
You can watch the video here:
Tell us what you think in the comments below!
Happy crafting, friends :))
Back to Rogue Petal DIY Series